Saturday, December 3, 2011

The WHEN to our Story

   So we always knew we would adopt but we just didn't know when God would begin this process. (A busy and long process I might add!) On a visit to Orlando in 2007, we attended an informational meeting on adoption at my home church. We were introduced to the adoption agency America World. We heard beautiful stories of adoption and continued to sense God's call to adopt. We left still not sure what to do with the knowledge we gained but God was continuing to use this to mold us to be in a position to fulfill His plan. Fast forward several years, a job change, a move back to Jackson, 2 incredible sons being born, and me staying at home. A lot had changed but our heart for adoption was still present. I would often wonder if we would ever be strong enough to take this leap of faith. If I would let my fears scare me away from the God size dream of adoption or if I would trust the Lord to complete His plan for our family. 
   Our church began a movement to Outlive our Life in January of 2010. During this time, we were asked to examine our lives and begin to seek the Lord to discern what He desired for us to to do to outlive our lives. We were to Grow, Go, and Give over the next 2 years in a way that would move us beyond ourselves and outside of what was possible on our own strength. David and I sensed the Lord presence and felt Him move us to obey in walking out the process of adoption. We were sure now was the time! In March 2010 we gave God our YES to adoption! 

No comments:

Post a Comment