Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello Friends and Family!
   Thank you so much for checking out our blog. I'm so excited to get to share with you the journey we have begun to bring home our daughter, Grace Elizabeth. I hope this will help you feel a part as we so desire you to join us on this exciting journey.
   Don't you love how God writes a story for each of us personally! In His Word we hear this promise in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Thank you Lord for this hope and future! If I set out to write my life story, I fully believe that it would not be as full as the life God has given me!
   Throughout my life, I have been intrigued by adoption. I always felt that one day I would adopt. This belief really became a strong desire the Lord gave me within our first year of marriage. The first year we were married, David and I took a group of students to Guatemala on a mission trip. During the trip, we visited an orphanage for two days. I remember holding the babies and sweet children and not wanting to leave! David fell in love as well and God opened his heart to the call of adoption. (He even called the orphanage after we got home to a hear a little bit about the process of adoption. He was shocked by the amount it cost so I believe that slowed him down from pursuing adoption right then.)
   We never forgot this trip or our desire to adopt. The question from then was WHEN? 
   This is a picture of David at the orphanage in Guatemala in March 2005. What precious girls!

I'll tell more of the story in the following days...




No comments:

Post a Comment