Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sacrifice

   God continues to amaze us! This week I received an email from a girl who we honestly do not know personally. She shared that she felt God moving her to give up her iphone so that she could give to a family adopting. She heard us share our story at church and decided that the money she would normally spend each month on her phone, she would send to us in order to help bring Grace home. Tears filled my eyes as I felt God once again confirm this journey for us. The costs for an adoption is great and with each payment, we look to our God and trust knowing that it is achievable when we are obeying and take each step according to God's call.
   This sweet girl has blown me away. She has decided to give something up that so many these days see as an absolute necessity. Her sensitivity to the Spirit and His calling has humbled us and given us such great confidence in how God provides. It causes me to desire to dig deep into the Word and draw close to my God so that I do not miss when He is calling me to do something outside of my normal routine. Sacrifice could be money, an object, or even sacrificing my time. This sweet gift from this girl has caused me to ask when was the last time I sacrificed? I mean truly gave up something that seemed like a necessity in order to obey my God? God has given so much to us. I want above all else to love and serve the Blesser more than the blessing!

1 comment:

  1. David told me this morning about your blog. This is so sweet. You are SUCH a blessing! Can't wait to follow along in the journey to bring Grace home!

    ReplyDelete