Monday, February 13, 2012

Our Little Train Master

 I never knew much about trains growing up and I sure never expected them to be a large part of my life ever. My Grandfather Cooper loved trains and had an electric train set up in his living room that traveled around a track built on a ledge close to the ceiling. I remember loving to go to their house and he would turn it on for us to watch. Another train memory from my childhood was when my grandparents took us on a special train ride. David's grandfather loved trains too. He had an elaborate train table in his basement. I was amazed by the intricate details and amount of time he spent in creating this train table when I had the privilege of seeing it. David has many fond memories of this train table. Knowing my little boys now, I wish they could have met both of these grandfathers and seen their amazing trains and I wish these grandfathers could have met Robby and Daniel to "play" trains.
 I love when Robby wakes up in the morning and is already talking about Thomas the train and is ready to make a track. Last Saturday morning was one of those mornings. He woke up and David was home because he didn't have any morning ball games. Robby ran in and told him he had an idea of how to build a new track. He said he wanted to build it in the shape of him. What a great idea! We had never even thought to do this before. David and Robby got busy and they made this amazing track before we even ate breakfast!

How fun is that! Of course, Daniel wanted in on the fun as well. He loves to play with trains too!


Now, I know about Diesel Engines and Steam Engines, Conductors, and every train slogan there is to say. "All Aboard" is one of Daniel's favorite things to say. I'm not a train expert by any means but my boys sure have taught me a lot as I attempt to teach them! These train memories will be ones David and I can add to our train memories from our childhood and will be treasured for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment