Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Traveling

   Being the wife of a teacher is so great because we usually enjoy a nice week long break and travel to see family for the holidays. This year we decided to visit both sides of our family which made Christmas extra special. We headed off for our Southern tour and stopped to celebrate with the Horners in the North Georgia Mountains first. It was a packed day and a half. We enjoyed worshiping at their church, a great steak dinner, and exploring and playing at their park. Then we packed back up and made the next part of the journey down to visit my family in Florida.
   I am so thankful that our boys are such great travelers. We really have such a fun time all together in the car. (I hope Grace will love to travel just as much!) Daniel is so funny because he loves to be around everyone! He sometimes gets upset while we drive, but if I will just reach back and hold his foot he is the happiest little guy ever. He will call out my name and thrust his foot out until I hold it. It's hillarious! I couldn't reach him at one point on the way back because our car was so packed, so I asked Robby to hold his hand. Daniel calmed down and relaxed immediately. How precious!

   Florida was amazing! We could not have asked for better weather. Now I remember why I didn't own a pair of closed toe shoes until I came to MS for college. It was 75 degrees and sunny each day we were there. We really should have brought swimsuits and not sweaters! The boys loved playing at Mimi and Daddy Bob's park and I so enjoyed catching up with 2 of my sweet friends Brittainy and Juslin and sharing time with our family. I am so grateful for the friends and family God has blessed me with!
   I pray you enjoyed your family and friends this Christmas as you celebrated the birth of our precious Savior Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment